Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

can anyone lend me the latest copy of Speedscene

Jason Plato

I was trying singles for size this weekend .

my belly or height isnt the issue ( I was surprised *wink*)- its the width of my shoulders *eek*. Now I havent got particularly big shoulders but some of them single seaters are only made for racing snakes.

and a jedi just scares me !!!! . Mt feet were 10" in front of the leading edge of the front tyres now thats a bit silly isnt it. Then others had bellcranks and wishbones right next to your knees, some are a realy poor design and I would never be happy driving one flat out thru the dip towards the railway sleepers at Shelsley *tongue*

If your serious about a dual drive - lets talk !

Dave

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 19 Sep 2006 07:41:45

Dave,

I know what you mean regarding bell cranks & bolts protruding into the leg area & lack of frontal crash protection in general is rather worrying *eek* *eek* Make you appreciate just how safe the Seven is in a front ender *thumbup*

Definately interested in the single seater thing. When Brodie & Jez go down that route I will have no one to play with ☹️ ☹️, but looking at that for the year after next, unless a bargin comes along or you fancy getting one to do a few experimental outings next year 🤔

Got to make sure its competative with whatever Brodie & Jez go for, as I really need to beat Brodie fair & square one day *wink*

My mate has a 2yera old OMS with a GSXR 1000 engine on throttle bodies. No mods to motor. At colourne this August in the hands of Dave cutcliff it came second overall. Beat all the 2.0 class and only a gould with NME V8 beat it. So these cars are very fast but most people do not drive them to there full potetial

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

aye that'll be little Dave. Daz, I'm sure you would drive them them well *tongue* My point was that if you are looking foro a competetive car, do not worry about having a big power busa or too stressed an engine as It's not really needed. *tongue* *wink* they really do go like Bastrads.

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

Gambo, would agree with you to a point about not needing a monster engine, but it does somewhat depend on the championship you enter, there are a lot of quick boys with powerful cars around at the better events.

Depends if you want an easy life, or wish to really test yourself against the best *wink* 😬

That & the fact I happen to have 2/3rds of a 1400cc busa motor left 😬 *thumbup*

Dave

Your not trying

EVEN I fitted in a Formula 1st............ err 1 1/2 stone lighter 😬

However, I had big bruises on both shoulders squeezing in the cockpit frame still it did not stop me going again and a gain and again *thumbup*

(Brands hatch race school err circ 1993 🤔 in the end I even managed err 58 sec on a rather wet club circuit track)

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.