Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 Engine Wanted

TerryHoll

I am looking to upgrade my Roadsport A car to 200 bhp *cool*.

I have been advised by Minister Power that the most effective way of doing this is to install an R400 power plant (rather than go through an expensive upgrade process with my existing 1600cc / 140bhp engine).

I am therefore looking for an R400 engine for sale.

I you can help, please drop me a line or call me on 07887 633235.

Many thanks....Terry Holland.

That's a lot of money for something that is likely to need a rebuild - and you will need to factor in a dry sump system if you don't already have one and you want to use the performance of the engine. Speak to Oily and Minister for likely refresh costs.

(FWIW earlier this year I didn't pay much more than that for a complete R400 engine package - dry sump and all - that has so far given me 1000+ miles of entertaining blatting and a couple of trackdays).

The Hyperion packages were priced at about £2500 and included exhaust, dry sump, dressed engine, but they all went quite quickly.

FWIW I think that £2500 is a great price to pay, providing you know the history of the engine...one of the Hyperion engines had been rebult several times, for example....

As Nifty says CC were taking them in for around £2.5K - and selling them on for much more than that (here for the French ones)

I too followed several sales before buying mine - all went for within the £3-3.5K range, though some were advertised for much more than that.

Dave

I have purchased the R400 unit an will have it re-built by Minister Power from Monday.

I really appreciate the advice and the steer to the Piston Heads advert.

Happy days are on the way....only I haven't told my wife yet!!!!

Cheers....Terry.

Edited by - TerryHoll on 20 Sep 2006 17:30:38