Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CF prop shaft - first impressions

Marius

I was going to get one of these but the weight saving for my particular application wasn't worthwhile as the prop i've got is already quite trick. If you want one i'd recommend going through Richard - he's extremely helpful and there's no financial penalty in going that route.

Home of BDR700

You just need to give yourself enough roomto remove the prop from the gearbox tail.

Proper way to do it would be to remove driveshafts etc. But I reckon you should be able to manage without all that hassle.

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

I'll say it again....

Some chassis' will not allow you to remove the prop from the engine/gearbox end.

Mine for example!

There is the option of removing it from the diff end or not to remove it.

That said it can be done this in less than three hours.

Sorry site address changed a few months ago and old links don't work!

As for how the props are working. So far everyone is very happy. There is absolutely no reason for them to fail. They should last as long as a seven. Worth protecting against stones hitting them as discussed before.

We looked into BDR700 drag racing and again it was not going to be a problem so if that is the case it should not be a problem for a road car.

Always pleased to help anyone if you have any questions, we are an authorised distributor for CTG ( see their news page 117) better not link it as might be taken the wrong way on here *wink*

Peter, you never called us on the other subject???? I am still interested.

RiF Flying even faster in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Edited by - RiF on 14 May 2007 15:09:03

• 4 weeks later...

As far as weight saving per pound they are probably not bad value. For example a nosecone, cycle wings and arches would probably be more expensive and probably save less weight........

Blast.......I think I've just persuaded myself to add this to the future upgrade list *eek*

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here