Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CC's R500 wide track or Freestyle (again)

TopQ1967

Travelled on Wednesday trough Kent / London and went to Garry May (Freestyle).

My intension was to choose between CC’s R500 wide track or Freestyle’s inboard suspension.

Garry told me most are now upgrading to super wide track (with SV rear deDion tube).

I know a the issue “Freestyle” was razed in previous posts on Blatchat, but I never heard anyone about the wide track.

Or...... should I ditch the car and start all over again (see other treat in Chitchat)

Cheers,

Q.

Hi - well I had to reply even if I can't advise you on the suspension too much, though I have got Caterham Wide track on my Caterham - as you are only a few miles away! We live near Heusden in north Brabant - I've posted a few in the 'Spotted' forum - wonder if your car was amongst them!

Geoff

Het nemen van mijn Caterham aan Holland

Hi Geoff, though it looked a familar picture...

I said to Susan there can't be too many Old English Whites out there. When is your next trip back to the UK - we are having a Chinese Seven evening on 5 November if the pair of you are about.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Hi John - no current plans, I'll have a word with Mrs GTD, "Lady of Leisure", this evening! I know my parents are due over to Holland in early November though...

The car is going great over here - it is so much better for being driven most days to the office (though I have to confess to booting Angie out of bed a few times in August to drive me in the other car to work given how rubbish the weather was!

It's all settled down nicely, oil pressure constant and lots of ooomph!

Het nemen van mijn Caterham aan Holland

I hope to be able to tell you how good the freestyle wide track is soon.

I just have some parets being plated before I get the car booked in to have it fitted.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. -- Bertrand Russell

I was at Gary’s Friday and he mentioned he was at Brands on a track day soon why not phone him to see if you can go out in a pushrod. I appreciate it is not a five minute jaunt for you. Being completely biased as I had some thing to do with the development superwide pushrod is so superior to any thing else out there including CSR, what about ringing Gary and ask him to put you in touch with customers who have swapped to get an impartial opinion.

As you may know I now have no attachment to Freestyle anymore.