Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Internal CAT Exhaust - NOW SOLD

Brucey

Complete stainless steel system from my factory built 1993 1400Kss. 35K miles on it, passed FULL CAT MOT in May and was removed shortly afterwards.

4 branch manifold into CAT (in front of passanger footwell) into 2 pipes that run under the car into silencer (with 2 exit pipes) that runs across back.

This system is very quiet (for touring) and impossible to burn yourself on (for kids & spouses).

Blatmail me if you want photo's or any more info.

Has been advertised for £100 on here before without success. I then put it on e bay and it was won by a French guy. Apparently internal/catted exhausts are required on French 7's. That was over a month ago and he hasn't paid or picked it up!

So I will accept £50 for it. This is pick up only. (I live 10 minutes from the Channel Tunnel Nr Folkestone for any French 7ers).

Bruce.

Edited by - brucey on 24 Sep 2006 17:51:08

Hi Brucey,

watch out for e-bay as I sold my mini-lights to a French Buyer (clearly this does not represent or is meant to be a slur on our French colleagues) and after 3 months I readvertised and sold.l I then received bad feedback from the Original buyer!

Anyhow, I am interested in the exhaust, where are you and do you think it will get my duratec through SVA as I have just failed *cool*

Regards

Paul Taylor

Paul,

The exhaust is from a K series (manifold on the LHS of the engine). Doesn't a Duratec's exhaust exit from the RHS? (looking from inside the car)

Saying that, the CAT is a completely seperate item with a flange at each end. As I said previously, my car passed a full (computerised) emissions test with it fitted. Looking down the end, the ceramic honeycombe also looks in good condition.

I don't know what your existing exhaust failed on during your SVA, so can't really comment, but the French guy wanted it for the French equivilent of an SVA test.

If you blatmail me with your e mail address I can send some photo's of the exhaust both fitted to the car and off the car. To e mail your home address, click on the icon at the top of your respose.

I live in Hythe, Kent (5 mins from J11 on the M20).

Bruce.