Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Installing Stack Dash

dba11

I am installing a STACK on my 98 1.8KSS, and have a few qusetions.

Where does the Oil Temp and Water Temp senders go? and also what thread should they be?

I have an Apollo, so does the Oil Temp screw into that?

Cheers

Daren.

On a Vauxhall you put the temp sender into the thermostat housing alongside the temp sender that talks to the ECU, it replaces the one that talks to the old temp gauge on the dash. I would expect that the K is the same. I can't see Caterham being clever enough to use a single temp sender to talk to both the ECU and the dash.

The oil temp sender needs to see flowing oil, I fitted mine to the dry sump tank. I know the apollo is threaded for a temp sender so that would be ideal. The stack sensors come 1/8 NPTF as standard. I'm pretty sure this is the same as the sender Caterham use for the oil temp gauge so it should fit straight into the apollo.

You can get Stack sensors in different threads but they're very pricey so if it's not right probably better to get the bush in the apollo retapped or get an adaptor.

Depending on where you got your Stack from, you may have to exchange the Apollo tank temp sender for an NPTF variant. See the other thread...

Water temp should be 1/8 BSP and goes in the water rail above the headers. There have been some problems with heat soak into the senders above the headers, so Caterham also do a submarine pipe which you mount in line with the bypass hose, underneath the inlet (plenum or throttle bodies).