Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A reliable fuel pump??

Phil P

After reading many posts on here about how unreliable the facet interrupter type fuel pump is, I'm thinking of replacing mine as a precautionary measure

Am thinking of going for a facet solid state item (probably the fast road one). Is this likely to be a more reliable choice that the interrupter type i currently have? Any experiences/ thoughts/recommendations would be welcome before I take the plunge!

In case its relevant, its for a 1700xflow, twin 40 webers and I've fitted a purolator fuel pressure regulator.

thanks

Phil

Having replaced my reliable engine driven pump with a Facet silver top unit, it came as no surprise after reading countless threads regarding reliability when it failed! Still after having to lie in the road leaning under the back axle trying to whack the pump with my trusty maglite, it fired into life once more. In my opinion being let down on more than one occasion(pump failure on a major rounderbout) from a major manufacturer warrants closer inspection of quality control, my pump was only 1week old, could not be bothered to return it to demon tweeks, so found the closest bin and ditched it in favour of Webers silent and reliable unit. Has run perfect since installation.

1700 all steel x-flow.

C7 PWT

Had advice that around 140 bhp is on the limit for a mechanical pump. Any more hp and you should go for an electric one, with an inline regulator.

Not knowing about the Facet pump problems, I fitted a Red Top a year ago, and its still ok, done about 5k since then.

Fingers crossed!!!