Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ignition Switch - Blue Book

mike ashurst

Hi Folks,

couple of questions about compliance with blue book :-

First, me being Stupid question, can't find the oil breather on my K-series to

connect the catch tank to.

Second, slightly more tricky, Ignition switch has to be clearly marked with off position.

Pretty tricky when you can't even see the ignition switch under the dash. I thought about an aircraft stylie toggle switch inserted in the ignition supply, and mounted on the dash with one of those red switch guards. But I think they are only 15 amps and I think Arnie said they needed to be 40 amps. If 15 amps is OK I could go the three position one in the DT catalogue (page174) and do away with the ignition on the steering lock altogether ( and avoid the problems with big red starter buttons i.e. pressing button with engine already running).

Sorry if these questions are stupid/covering old ground but the previous threads have left me some what confused.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Mike

It can be as simple as a sticker on your dash showing which way is off and an arrow pointing down to where the switch is. Most of the race shops sell whats called a 'scruntineers Delight' sheet which has arrows and on/off stickers etc, usual cost is a couple of quid,

Hope this helps

Graham

cool.gif1700 Live Axle X/Flow, got the engine upgrade now all I've got to do is try & beat the rest of the guys up the hill!!!!!id=red> cool.gif

Mike

Ref previous note see page 179 in 2002 Demon Theafs, item no 12, rally decal sheet £1.99 + about £6 p&p (order your race numbers at the same time!!!)

Graham

cool.gif1700 Live Axle X/Flow, got the engine upgrade now all I've got to do is try & beat the rest of the guys up the hill!!!!!id=red> cool.gif