Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

NO Clutch

Gambo

Just got in the car to go to the Meet. No Clutch ☹️ Foot went to floor. Quick check. No fluid in reservour. *eek* I've had it about 3 years and never any problems. It's going to be the slave cylinder isn't It 🤔 ☹️

That means engine out does'nt it ☹️ Oh BU$%^R.

So anything else to check before the motor gets whiped out 🤔

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

I've got some worse news for you, the VX slave cylinders are a caterham only part that they get made up and according to a friend who needed one recently they are now around £250 each with a long lead time!!! (I think he's working on an alternative solution)

Sorry.... I hope I'm wrong.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 7 Sep 2006 19:00:26

Gambo, don't be so hasty. Refill and bleed and see if you have any leaks before major work. Use the old fashioned mineral brake fluid.

If it is leaking it probably only needs a new seal but if the bore/piston is badly damaged, (I assume this is a co-axial) ring Dave Kimberly at Demon Tweeks and replace existing with one he has.

Blatmail me if you need more advice.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven to The French Blatting Company Limited

If its this one here , you are extremely lucky its lasted at all. All the aftermarket vendors (SBD/QED/Burton/Superclutch) sell these. I have had 3 of them over a 2 year period - the pistons get damaged, and replaced the seals umteen times. In the end I changed to the system I have described, which operates a 5.5" twin plate clutch with no problems.

K2RUM - The car of two halveswith a hole in the engine