Click here if you are having website access problems ×

choke like thang

Phil

Hi, I have recently purchased a super sprint and while upside down in it as you do, I have found a long rod with a black knob looking like a choke on old minis etc,

this is located under the steering wheel but up near the bulkhead making it hard to reach if sat in driving position, what is it ? can anyone help please.

If you put a plate of sausages on the centre tunnel under the scuttle and activate the 'thang' in conjunction with the fan it will effectivley grill them for you. With a little forethought one can also make merangues with use of the 'thang' only.

In mine its the heater, there are also 2 vents under the scuttle to direct the heat to various parts of your leg which require cooking, boiling can also be induced in heavy rain with water ingress onto trouser leg combined with heater. I would also note that the vents are also inaccessible once harnesses are done up.

your not the only one whose spent some time working out what it's for, I did the same!

mind you i think my old mum takes the prize for choke like things,, she was chuffed to bits with a new rover 3.5s my dad bought as the lever on the dash marked "PET RES" was clearly a Pet rest and a place to put the dogs lead!,

if you've not got it yet it was the petrol reserve lever.

Mark Bennett