Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aintree - Many thanks to...

Mark Durrant

Darren Luke, Dave J and Dave McF *thumbup* for getting the R500 running after a suspected fault withe the throttle pot. It still had a bit of a misfire at the first corner on a partial throttle opening but by the time I reached Beechers it had cleared enough to beat Rich Anderson by 0.7secs 😬. I still needs a bit of attention as it does not want to idle and I plan to take a look in the next day or so.

See you at Wiscombe and lets hope for some better weather *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Afraid I was plotting the next stage of my empire building at Lisa's.....the Shed! Need to build a shed in order to clear her garage of Cr*p prior to installing the Caterham and all it's superfluos materials into the garage which is certainly bigger and nicer than the one I still currently rent...and..next door to the house, and....currently also houses my collection of beer 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

However, final planning and construction stages are on hold until the end of September now.... 😬 😬 😬

Aintree....water...slicks......fast corners....big solid fences to hit!! Sounds great fun you sicko 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

• Area Representative

Dan,

you should have been there

After first practice, Darren, Andy and myself looked like we were going to qualify for the top 12 run off, buy beating most of the single seaters 😬

It's a shame Darren gets so little use out of his £600 hand cut wet tyres. Andy and I were using our £160 multi purpose Stunners 😬

Well I can now add Steve Greenald and James Fletcher to the list. I popped over to James last night and after hooking up the laptop, speaking with Steve and making a few adjustments the car is back on song *thumbup*

I had a great drive back home and I'm looking forward to the blat down to Wiscombe tomorrow afternoon 😬

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

We needed to balance the rollers (only slightly out) and adjust the throttle pot to 0.43ohms which was the setting when it was originally mapped. The idle could probably do with going up a couple of hundred revs but I will get that done after fitting a coil pack and when getting the cold start map sorted.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Quite amazing what a difference balencing the rollers makes, my R400 was running like a pig popping & banging, lacking clean pick up & power until I set mine up properly.

It was a real transformation, it had got to the point I did'nt want to drive it anymore, then I reset them 😬 *thumbup*

Darren,

Could you please bring your suction measuring thingy (sorry, don't know what it's called ;-)) for the roller barrells down to Wiscombe please.

Mine are out too I think....doesn't like idling properly and starting to pop and bang a bit.

PS. Mark - u see mine was out more than yours! ;-) ...AND I made a mistake at the last corner ....AND I hadn't been to Aintree before! :-P

You better watch out at Wiscombe! ;-)

Rich.