Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The new site

Golf Juliet Tango

• Area Representative

Hi Barry

I had a look through the new site as it is now. You appear to have revised it from the first time I had a look at it!

I have a few suggestions really and these are general thoughts rather than direct reactions to the work you have done.

The current site is extensive and has sections and pages which most of us don't even know about, let alone find. (the Wiki pages are an example; a lot of Blatchatterers, most of whom use the site a lot, don't know that they are there and I have problems finding them despite knowing that they are there somewhere!)

I do think that there should be a "Newcomers" button, taking people to a summary of what is available within the main site and Blatchat. Certainly before I joined, I looked at the site and failed to register all that there was available.

Lastly, whilst I don't want to see a pdf version of Low Flying, it might be a good idea to have an article (just one) from each month's LF available on line. It might relate well to the "Newcomers" section, showing interested people how good the club magazine is.

GJT Crossflow

524 my secret *cool*

That's a nice idea. *smile*

How about a summary of the club, similar to the brochure that we have at Caterham along with an overview of the sites we have. I will have to decide how much of the 'old' site is worth importing.

The homepage of the new site is not the final one, I need to move the news articles on to a separate news page to free up some space, and then to decide what should go in the vacated space. Anyone have any ideas?

If you don't know what we're talking about, have a look at www.lotussevenclub.com

• Area Representative

New website, hey 🤔 First I've seen or heard about it. I must pay attention

I've only spent literally less than 5mins but here's a little feedback, Barry: I like the "Area Meets Today" box but can it be an "Area Meets This Week" box, with the day listed alongside the meet 🤔 Gives a little more of a timely reminder for people like me *smile*

Cheers

Adil

• Area Representative

Barry

That's very neat.

As for the "Beginners" part - I will have a think. I don't know what is in the Caterham leaflet so will start from scratch.

How about a postcode search for the nearest meetings? then link through to their webpage/site? and a contact AO button? (need to ensure that they respond!)

A summary of what things the club does - meetings, trackdays, sprints, trips, separating the formal activity (club-arranged) from the arranged by induvidials through club contacts. If you see what I mean. Some of the shorthand is still a mystery to me.

Explain (something) of what Blatchat is and does (probably less important than a few years ago) - better ignore the sheds 😬.

I will think on.

GJT Crossflow

524 my secret *cool*

• Area Representative

Barry, when the mouse pointer is over a link to an area meet, we get an "info" box with details of the meeting. Including what appears to be a link to a map. However, I can't click in the map link as the box moves relative to the mouse pointer. *smile* You tease.

Adil

Barry - I think this is very neat. I need to play with it a bit and surf around the various elements but as a source of information and overview I think it's excellent! A one page capture for 'newbies' to the club is a good idea as well (is that the idea you have mooted?).

Selfishly I also like the idea of a 'Seven International' page that could highlight overseas activity for those members living/working away from the UK. Several threads on BC recently have had requests for info on overseas activity/contacts and it could give a useful snapshot of info for members as well as encouraging us overseas members to contribute (guiklty as charged *tongue*).

That said, Norm will have it full within a few minutes with Bulk Buy info 😬

Excellent work - thank you *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

Edited by - Wile7 on 11 Sep 2006 08:23:30

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...