Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raceline Zetec water rail

AMMO

Available soon (when I've finished concocting my home-brewed system). Includes thermostat tower, cap, fan switch and take-off for heater. Blanking plug also available if heater not required. Would cost £200 approx. from Raceline. Will take £100. Will throw in BDR top hose to rad. Photo of water rail installed available on request.

AMMO

Ammo,

I am interested, but I have heard mixed reports about this kit. I believe you can have problems with the tower unit clearing the bonnet and issues with thermostat opening (or not) unless you do a mod by drilling a hole in it if I remember rightly.

Phil, your thoughts would be appreciated as it is a neater installation than all the pipes and hoses I currently have.

Tony

The rail works OK once I got the right size hole in the thermostat. This was done with a bit of experimentation. I think I ended up with 2 or 2.5 mm, can't remember now.

I just want to go my own route and incorporate some features I think would be useful to me.

My car is in daily use and has done over 2,000 miles since installing just before Christmas. It loses no coolant and is used with the original x-flow catch tank. There are no bonnet clearance problems with my car.

AMMO