Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOG rear wings

martinray

Any comments on MOG rear wings.

1. How does shape/look compare with CCs - ie do you need to fit a pair?

2. Are the fixings the same?

3. Any comments on quality?

Any one want to buy a CC c/f rearwing wing (near side)? V good condition.

Anyone want to buy a CC c/f rearwing (off side) complete with traces of the wall on Eau Rouge exit?

Martin

R500 MPR

Yep , I can confirm that they are a white fibreglass & carbon sandwich having lost one recently. Big for plastic bolts, no damage *thumbup*

Fitting is identical to any other type.

Look's nice though 😬 & do extra wide for the rears or I would have gone with Caterham ones.

I did'nt think they are too heavy, but have never held a standard one that's not bolted to the car 😬

MOG rear wings (both 'carbon' and glass) are a very slightly different shape to Caterham OEM wings - the upper surface is a bit more rounded.

Like others have said, MOG Carbon wings are a layer or carbon upon 2 layers (IIRC) of glass and don't really compare with pukka carbon wings (K9/DITP) or even Caterham's OEM carbon wings. IMO, MOG 'carbon' wings have the carbon more as a pretty protecting layer than for it's light weight. As such, they're relatively heavy as far as carbon wings go BUT they are resillent to abrasion and sunlight and if you break one, you can be sure of getting a replacement that will match any others on your car.

Been running them for about 3 or 4 years both front and back. I wanted some wings that didn't need painting or need protecting with stone guards, I haven't had any star cracks in that time either. They appear to be one piece of carbon fibre coated in resin, they're not the lightest of wings, but I'm no Carbon Fibre expert.. You can almost see through them i.e. if you shine a light from under the wing at night you can see light through the weave. I had no trouble fitting them, as far as I can see they are the same shape as CC wings (I don't know if they have changed in the past few years ??).

Rgds

IAn

HPC150

Superweight R600kg 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Peter - I emailed you this morning and now ive seen this... (I really should read the forum more... *confused*)

ISTR MOG do varying layups / types of finish on their wings so depending on what version you bought will dicttate the weight and the thickness and the material.

MOG wings are nice and the finish is very good. Also, weight seemed very similar to Caterham and K9 c/f wings. Shapes seem fine.

Can't comment on durability, may chip around edges.

Thing to consider with any unpainted c/f wings is uniformity. If you bust one, can you get a match - MOGs seem pretty good.

Mad Manx

Please do not say that my wings were the same weight as MOG versions without first having correct data.

I am not here to go ranting on who makes the best and what not but please do not assume they are they same because they are not, which is why we all survive in the market place for aftermarket wings.

Thank You.

K9 Composites.

Rant Mode off now.

*thumbup* 😬

R500 Mango Madness

MOG are just about to open the new carbon workshop they have lately added to their already impressive Caterham workshop. Basically they are going to make anything you ask them to do. A ful carbon fibre back-pack-top-case for a Lambo Gallardo Spyder is just about to be finished... 😬 (no joke !!!)

I have some wings from MOG, the CF nose from Caterham. Personally I don´t like the black stripe on the sides of the MOG-wings but this is up to personal taste.

Er I would remind everyone that the IP for Peter's (K9's) wings is mine. he merely has a licence to manufacture them.

People should compare Mog wings tpo Caterham GRP wings, as this is what they are except for one layer of dry carbon which costs a bit £15 per wing.

K2RUM - The car of two halveswith a hole in the engine