Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What do you think it's worth?

Andrew_Bailey

I am considering trading my yellow 1998 1600 dedion Supersport for a (probably used) SLR. There seems to be a good deal of variation in pricing and I would appreciate your collective wisdom and guidance. The spec is:-

8500 miles

Leather Seats

Full weather gear

Black pack

FIA Rollbar

Tonneau cover and hood bag

Adjustable platforms

Upgraded springs (for track)

Front & rear ARB

Wide track

5 13" Minilite wheels with yoko21

Spare set of 5 minilites available with ACB10's

Spare wheel carrier removed but could be replaced

Caterham 6 speed box

AP Suretrack LSD

Big brakes 4 pot AP Racing with ventilated disk at front

Upgraded brake master

Brake bias adjuster (under bonnet)

Apollo Anti-Cav

Oil cooler

Carbon cycle wings

Removable Momo wheel

Clifford approved alarm/immobiliser

Car was built privately, is in excellent condition, seems to have a strong engine and has been maintained whilst in my care by Millwood and A**owstar. I am the second owner having purchased the car from Caterham last July.

C7 OCU

The good news - it's a desirable specification.

The bad news - there seem to be a lot of similar cars for sale in the £15k to £17k price bracket.

If it was a genuine Superlight it could be worth £17k +.

However, as a Supersport, albeit well spec'd, a dealer would probably offer you £14,000 and expect to get £16,500 (ish). Privately, you would get people interested at £15,000.

Be careful of SOR. Some dealers will take the car, giving you some optimism for a good price, only to come back later, if it hasn't sold, suggesting you reduce your expectations.

Bear in mind, once you've got the cash, you'll be haggling just as hard on the purchase of your SLR. It's all relative.

Mad Manx

I am currently trawling the country for a 7 that fits my very fussy criteria. This could be it if you decide to sell I would like a picture outside and inside. I have the cash and intend to buy as soon as I see the right one!....So think about that SLR..... go on give me some pics, price and your location.

Jon