Click here if you are having website access problems ×

k series inlet plenhum

Jason Plato

Mark has said its ok. so end of story. I think it falls in to Not in the spirt of the class. The point of class 2/3 was to keep thing as standard as posible. The 1.6k were allowed some head work and the 1.8k 52 TB.

The following modifications are permitted to Rover K series 1600cc engines: K16 cylinder head porting retaining the standard valves, vernier camshaft pulleys, 52mm throttle body and the use of forged pistons.

The mod you have done is not stated in the permitted mods you can do, see above.

Looking at the data from a 1.8 and a 1.6 i think the current system works until someone interprates the rules in a diffent way to the rest. As Richard Price said "You can not do that, its not allowed".

The following modifications are PROHIBITED to Rover K series 1600cc engines: The use of VVC or VHPD cylinder heads, reprogrammable ECUs eg Emerald, VVC plenum chambers and a throttle body greater than 52mm

The following modifications are PROHIBITED to Rover K series 1800cc engines: Any porting of the K16 cylinder head or the use of VVC or VHPD cylinder heads, reprogrammable ECUs eg Emerald, VVC plenum chambers and a throttle body greater than 52mm

So its OK to have your MIMS optermised with to a better map as it a non reprogrammable ecu.

wwere does class 2/3 go next?

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 30 Aug 2006 21:53:50

heheheheheheheehehheehheeee so he did bite 😬

your keyboard aggression is very different to what you said at Curborough in front of me when you were nice as pie and very interested in fitting the mod yourself, this change of attitude and behaviour behind the keyboard is quite odd *confused*. At Curborough you wanted to know how to link the pipes up together and where to order the parts for the cool air duct and everything 😬 *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*

I'm not using the VVC manifold spoken of above *confused*

do you relay think a simple mod ( and one that you havent thought of before ) is going to make any difference to performance 😬

I'd be better off modifying the head and fitting a new filter rather than the old one thats fitted from Rob Mar's engine 😬 .

if you have any doubt about the validity of my engine - put £500 ( which is more than it cost )on the table and strip it 😬 or even better , swop my ecu or maybe borrow the cold air duct ..... what ever you wish *tongue* 😬

if it makes you and dicky happy I'll take it off, but I'll still kick ya butt 😬 *wink* *wink* *tongue* 😬

Dave

you are missing the point. If the change is allowed then I will do it. this is diffrent to should it be allowed.

We all know you can peddle are 7 very well that is not in question. I think you mod will make little diffrence to me as i do not have your talent, but again its not the point.

Yes i did ask you how to do the mod and you told me, you did not hide how or were to get the parts.

I just wish you had not gone down this route you will not be the last (I will be the 2nd. I think it has change the format of class 2/3. I thought class2/3 was to keep things so that new sprinters would feel they had a chance. This is why i do not think its in the spirit of the class.

This is not a go at you, and i wounder what would have happened if i had do the mod first. Would it still have been allowed?

Dave I would not what you to take it off, is legal, its happened and I will move on. It is better for me to say what I think than sit back and just think it.

also "if you have any doubt about the validity of my engine - put £500 ( which is more than it cost )on the table and strip it or even better , swop my ecu or maybe borrow the cold air duct ..... what ever you wish"

I think you engine is what it is and am sure it is eligable for class2/3. If you are say what I think, then the answer is no, I do not think you are.

Dave good luck at Antree

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 31 Aug 2006 11:50:53

Edited by - David Nelson on 31 Aug 2006 12:17:22

all the mod is a cold air duct from the end of the std throttle body to under the nosecone with the original filter on the end. A blanking plate then seperates the hot air from the radiator and allows cold air to flow over the top of the radiator and into the filter . The idea is that it draw cold air and makes a little more power (maybe - I haven tested it on a set of rollers or nowt)

Its the same principle that I employed in feeding cold air to my airbox when I was using throttle bodies.

The throtle body is std , the filter is std , the plenhum is std . There is 3 feet of 70mm ID hose added .

I'll take it off to avoid any more grief *biggrin* *thumbup*

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Don't see how that contravenes any regulation dave! Been thinking of creating some form of ducting for cool air for some time....however, haven't got round to it yet! Can't see how it will add any significant power to be honest but all helps!

Dannyboy *tongue*

You know what the real problem here is, you are all fighting to be the top Dave, er I mean Dog 😬 😬

Don't know about everyone else, but I love a bit of FRIENDLY needle with my fellow competitiors *thumbup* *thumbup*