Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Duratec engine mounts

tiptree

Anyone know if the Duratec mounting positions are the same as the Zetec ones? Or if not, where can we find measurements for the Duratec? Jim Gould's chassis is almost ready and he wants to allow for both types of engine.

Tomorrow's a good day for it!

As I have a Zetec in a Westfeild and had a Focus engine but did not fit it, the left hand side mount was the same but the right hand side was different as the oil filter has been moved but it would have been an easy job to hold the engine on an engine hoist or simular and cut and tack weld an engine mount as there was plenty of cast in mountings, then remove to weld up completly out of the car if the Duratech is the same as the Focus there should not be too big a job as they both fit in the Ford Mondeo etc.

Not the full answer but as best I know.

Paul.

I've got a copy of the Duratec specification togther with some drawings but its at work. If you're still stuck on monday drop me a note to rcorbishley@cosworth-technology.co.uk and I'll see if the drg includes the details. The mounts definitely aren't the same as Zetec as the Duratec isnt a Ford engine ....???

Ooops, had to edit it, BC

Edited by - bob corb on 24 Feb 2002 20:21:55