Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roadsport cage - £50 to NtL

stephen grant

Black Roadsport cage (older 'straight bars' style) to fit De Dion. Slightly dubious history, hence the price.

This cage was bought 2nd hand for my car about two years ago. I gave it to James Whiting to fit and he found about a 1mm-2mm misalignment between the rear right-hand bar (looking from the back) and the mounting point in the boot. At the time we assumed that the misalignment was due to the car, since the back of the car had been rebuilt at least once by the previous owner, who raced it. James welded a small extension piece into the mounting jaws on the right-hand rear bar, to make it all fit and it sat on my car for about a year, until I reverted to an FIA bar. On further inspection, I notice that the powder coating on that bar of the cage has cracked slightly on one of the joints, so I suspect that it's actually the cage that took a wack in a previous life, causing the slight misalignment.

The cage has sat in my garage ever since, and now I need the space. The price reflects the fact that whoever buys it may have to remove the welded extension piece, or not, depending on whether it's the cage or my car that is absolutely straight at the back.

Buyer collects preferably....

thanks,

stephen