Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ladies at Curborough

Mrs Kipper

What a fantastic competition *thumbup* 😬 😬

5 ladies in 3 classes separated by just 3 seconds from the second practice run through to the final timed run *thumbup*. I think we all had to work hard for that and I hope the rest of you don't ache as much as I do this morning but are, like me, looking like this 😬.

Now to the thank yous:

Thank you to Barbara and Roger for another well organised event. I'm really sorry ☹️to see you go but hope you enjoy your next venture. Thanks for all the encouragement you give to novice and less confident drivers.

Thanks to the marshals and everyone who lent a hand to help them *thumbup*. My contribution to this was to replace a cone, which promptly flew out of its hole as soon as I returned to a place of safety 😳

Thanks to the guys who believed in me and gave me advice and encouragement throughout the weekend - you know who you are *thumbup* *smile*

Mrs K

Well done to all the lady's *thumbup* *thumbup*

It was a close call towards the end, but having had a stern word with herself, I was very pleased for er-indoors to have recorded her first fastest lady's award. Well done Rach *thumbup* *thumbup*

I thought it was terrific to see such closely fought times. Well done Rachel who held her nerve and achieved a deserved win with an impressive time. 😬 *thumbup*

Can I make the point that I find it difficult keeping track of the other ladies times because we’re all running in different groups – is it be worth floating the suggestion that the ladies run together (with, say, group one) rather than in (my case) tyre warmer order. It means there’s a greater chance we’ll run in the same conditions, we can see what times we’re up against and have the opportunity to give support to each other … what do you think Mrs K??

Lynda

WindyCat

I think the ladies are best left in their respective classes for the following reasons:

There have been lady competitors who are up there with the men with regards to times and I doubt if they would want to be running in what would be a ladies only class and, to be honest, I don't think I would either.

Our cars are not the same specification.

If you run in the same class it would only be those down the running order that could benefit from seeing their competitors times - a bit like Sunday really.

The weather conditions may vary throughout the day, but they can do that so suddenly that they can vary between consecutive runners, as at Loton.

There could be problems at some locations with the change to the second driver.

All just my opinion of cousre.

Mrs K

Lynda

Mrs K is correct and as the ladies championship scores come from the class results we must run in class order. At the end of the day there is little advantage in knowing how the others have done unless you are last to run and already know that you have recorded the fastest time.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mrs K - I agree not to change classes - the championship points should be calculated in the same way etc -- I was suggesting just the running order.

On another thread someone had asked if there was some way to distinguish the ladies in the competition... if we were running at the same time it would lessen the confusion...!?

I've only got experience of Mira and Curborough on the L7 circuit so I wouldn't know if it could work in practice at the other venues run by other clubs and it might confuse the dual-drive issue. Although at Loton, as it happened, my first timed run was straight after you due to the Church Service throwing the running order out of sync.

Speaking of which there are 2 B meetings on Sat 30th/Sun 1st Oct at Loton. I think the closing date's next week ... is anyone entering?

Edited to say - I missed your post Mark - I get it - BAD idea *thumbdown* *tongue*

Edited by - WindyCat on 29 Aug 2006 17:05:21

I was suggesting just the running order.

Yes, I sort of knew you were, but to have competitors running out of class/number order confuses the timekeepers, hence I was treating your suggestion as a ladies only class.

I think we've agreed to leave well alone.

Mrs K

From mrsenglishmaninwales (hmmm.......catchy!?)

I'm replying very ashamedly late 😳to Mrs K's thread re: ladies at Curborough (entering the depths of blatchat for the first time is almost as scary! *confused*) but don't want to miss the opp of saying how much fun *biggrin* I had as novice and it's all down to the amazing camararderie from Mrs K ( *thumbup* for your PB) and all and of course not least from hewhospendsmuchtimeinthegaragewith7!

The damage is done - I'm hooked! *thumbup*

Jx