Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Brake Pads Fitted - UPDATE (See bottom)

old captain slow

Just had Pagid RS15s fitted to the front with 1155s rear. Seem fine on the road and even get a good grip of the disks from cold. Seem to squeal a bit just driving along though.

Noted that the pads come with a leaflet that says "not approved for road use". I guess that doesn't mean not suitable for use on the road which is an entirely different thing.

Next stop Cadwell to try them out. Whoohoo! 😬

C7 CDW

Edited by - David W on 12 Sep 2006 14:02:39

My RS15s squeel in slow traffic like a stuck-pig. I think it is partly a function of the rather-loose pad mounting in the HiSpec Ultralite 4's.

The 'not approved' bit is something to do with regulations stating that cars built post 199x (can't remember the date) must be fitted with pads that meet or exceed the performance of the original-fit items. That's a load of hassle to obtain certification for, I'd guess.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I have the AP calliper on front and standard on rear (I think) but looks like the Pagid site say I need RS14 not RS15. Is it okay for RS15 as 90% is track use.

Why is the rears 1155's

Lastly where do you get them from, Fluke Motor Sport list them but can you get them anywhere else that will sell you something that will not fit.

Steve

• Support Team

Performance Braking Ltd: 01600 713117

They will give you good advice. I went for RS15s for the front and RS14s for the rear - I have AP 4 pots at the front and standard Caterham calipers at the rear.

I have fitted the fronts but haven't got around to fitting the rears and braking is fine if a little front biased - I expect once I fit the RS14s to the rear the balance will be close to perfect.

Incidently, so far my fronts do not squeal at all.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I have 15's on the front (AP 4 pots) and 14's on the rear (standard) and they are superb *thumbup*

My car is used only on the track only these days. No fade at all. They need a bit of heat before they work properly though.

So much better than the Mintex 1144's that I was using before.

They are quite a bit more expensive than the Mintex but worth every penny in my view.

I was at Cadwell on Wednesday. YBNS and I covered 212 miles and that with a 2 hour stop because an old Porker dropped oil from the exit of Barn to the Mountain. Great day for us. 😬 😬 😬

Grant Taylor

OBNS Motorsport

www.OBNS.co.uk

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬 here

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car at Cadwell yesterday. Baking hot and fnatastic levels of grip all round. RS15s on the front and 1155s on the rear seem very nicley balanced. Very pleased with the RS15s. Absolutely no fade and awsome stopping power compared to Green Stuff. Scared myself silly on the approach to the Cramer Curves seeing how late I could leave it before putting on the anchors. Very late is the answer and only one excursion onto the grass as a result of finding that I could not scrub off speed between the turn in cone (set too early for a 7) and the actual turn in point - but it was close. 😬 Fortunately my co-pilot was watching at the Mountain so did not see these attempts or I think she would have had me black flagged in the interests of not claiming on the life insurance. *cool*

C7 CDW