Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack oil pressure sensor on a K

owlscastle

Does anyone know an alternative place to plug in a stack oil pressure sensor on a standard type K ?

The obvious place by the oil filter is the wrong thread and if I fit an adapter it will be too large to fit in place.

It may be the Caterham stack sensors have the right thread to fit, mine is and older one from another car.

Thanks

Ritchie

• Support Team

What size is the thread you are trying to screw it into?

The stack sender is 1/8 NPT (a tapered thread).

There are at least 3 different oil filter housings for the K series - the sender normally screws into a thread at the opposite end of the housing to the filter at a 45 degree angle from horizontal. The thread could be 1/8 NPT (seems not in your case), M10 fine or M12 fine. On all of them there is a 1/8 NPT thread on the top of the housing which is normally blanked with a grub screw. If you get a hose and fitting from Think Automotive (Ask for Matthew) you can remotely mount the sender using the hole in the top of the housing. I suggest you ask for a straight fitting as I have a right angled one which could foul on the block. You will then need to blank off the other hole with an appropriate bolt and copper washer.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

My sensor is M10*1, it's the VDO type that was used in the good old days. The thread on my filter housing is M12*1.5 I made an adaptor of a banjo. Works quite well, but we all know that the VDO sensors are prone to fail under vibration...

/regin