Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Not camping at Harewood

Tam

For those of us wimping out of camping *tongue* does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation? I've looked at the list on the Harewood website but wondered if there was any inside info or preferences 🤔 We're probably staying on the Sunday night as well.

Must have secure parking for 7s (not trailering) and ideally bar/restaurant within 20 min walk *smile*

Tam

We are booked in at the Jarvis Ramada in Wetherby for Saturday and Sunday. Looks to be cheap(ish) and cheerful. Have also stayed at the Travel Inn at Leeds/Bradford Airport. Even cheaper, good parking, and as Ken says, has a Harvester of similar attached.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Tam

I've just realised that this means that you expect your car to be up and running by then *thumbup* *smile*

Enjoy your holiday *cool*

Mrs K

Just read that Michael took the car to Spa *thumbup*. Presumably it will be with you on yor holiday as well *cool*

Edited by - Mrs Kipper on 25 Aug 2006 11:22:56

Mrs Kipper

It is and it will 😬 Vulcan got the new block machined and rebuilt the engine very quickly and she's back on the road *smile*

Michael is now somewhere south of Troyes on his way to meet me in Nice tomorrow *cool*

See you at Cadwell

Tam

Kipper - if you want to know which pubs/ restaurants in Wetherby are worth a look, let me now, I spent my formative drinking years in Wetherby!

Looking forward to seeing all of the Club championship runners at Harewood, I'll be there in the Harewood championship!

If you're driving in from Wetherby, watch out for speed cameras in Collingham village. Apparently the mobile cameras were out on the morning of the last Harewood event. I didn't spot them but SWMBO did 😬

Greg

We will be looking for somewhere cheap to eat within a very short walking distance from the hotel on both Saturday and Sunday evenings so if you have any suggestions that would be great *thumbup* I don't expect we will be in Wetherby very early on Saturday as we will be driving up after the Cadwell sprint - we may even have to stop for a bite to eat on the way.

Thanks for the speed camera warning.

Mrs K

The nearest eatery to the Jarvis is ASK (Italian, not too expensive, get busy). Follow the A661 into town, over the river and left at the mini roundabout. For Fish & Chips there's the Wetherby Whaler - opposite ASK. For curry, there's a reasonable place if you again follow the A661 over the river but go straight on at the mini roundabout. I can't remember the name of the place but its on the left just after the Red Lion. The curry is good but the service is 'relaxed'.

For pub food, I'd go for the Swan & Talbot - again straight on at the mini roundabout, about 200 yards on the right after Boots. Whatever you do DON'T set foot in The Crown or The George and Dragon!

Any other preferences, let me know I might be able to remember something!