Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Autocom units x 2 for sale

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

Right, in light of the ebay comments on here recently I have decided to let any blatchatters have first chance on two Autocom sets I am will be sticking on ebay if no-one else wants them.

Both are the Pro-M1 units (top of the range before the current unit came out which doesn't seem to offer any additional features) with Autocom's renown noise cancelling features for listening to music or using the phone whilst on the move. Whilst conversing with the passenger headset (and obviously vice-versa!) the unit will automatically mute music volume by 50% and if you are using the mobile phone link, the music is muted by 98% I think. When the call is over or you finish conversing with your passenger, the music volume gently fades back into the original level.

These units are so good that whilst using the mobile to chat to another seven owner whilst going up the M6 in my aeroscreened VX with its loud Quaife SCCR gearbox at 70/80+ (where unassisted conversation is impossible after 50 mph), he thought I was in my normal tintop with its built in handsfree kit and couldn't hear the engine or gearbox noise at all *thumbup*

Both Pro-M1 units have the connections for the battery connection (a single PP3 lasts for 50 hours I think they say - or at least 1 week's trip to Le Mans and back) or the power leads for connecting semi-permanently to an ignition fed live on the car.

I am selling one set up as the main Pro-M1 unit complete with the battery & car mains connection lead plus the leads to connect a portable music device such as an MP3 or mini-disc player and a mobile phone. You might need the small adaptor that fits onto your mobile phone if the standard jack plug doesn't fit directly into your phone as it does on my LG unit. This set up also includes the ear defender headsets with their open mic covers and means that you can easily converse with your passenger at all speeds without having to shout. I am looking for £250 for this setup and it is immediately ready to use with a battery.

The other set up is an identical Pro-M1 unit also with the battery & car mains connection lead but has the helmet headsets which includes the microphones too. It also includes the 1m extension leads to simplify fitting the main unit perhaps in the boot or scuttle area. I am looking for £150 for this setup and again its immediately ready to use (with your helmets, of course!). I don't think the helmet headsets have been used for more that a couple of hours if that - certainly for not more than 1 track day I did with them at Angelsey.

Both units are in very good condition with one having very limited use (say, 1 or two weeks touring from new) and the other fully checked over by Autocom in June this year to confirm its totally in order. Instructions will accompany both units too to make installation and use easy.

Both prices exclude postage charges or I am sure we could arrange a courier service to one of the forthcoming sprint events.

Cheers

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬