Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brookland Screens Info Wanted

Snapper

Where do a get a set of Brookland screens from?

How much are they?

Am I correct that all it takes to fit a set is that I would undo the 4 Screen mounting nut and swap screen setups and do the nuts up again?

Will they fit the current Superlight?

and do the screen come fit to the Ally strip?

Is there a better solution that can be swapped around regularly with out any problems?

What problems could I face with these screens?

Cheers

Don't forget to cost in a set of mirrors. (eg SPA ones from Demon Tweeks)

There are 2 different bands. It's preferable to have the one that sits behind the wiper motor protrusions. Be aware that even this band which follows the position of the screen rubber seal will mark the paint at places which will be visable when the normal screen is put back on.

I have to agree with Barry - I bet you will never put the big screen back on.

I mounted my Brooklands and the mirrors on the alloy thingie from Caterham by countersinking the bolt holes from underneath (well actually Foxy Smith did it for me) and putting domed nuts on top. I've never changed back to w/screen but in theory it is as you suggest, just removing the four bolts and then bolting the w/screen back on.

You may need to cut 1" hole to access the nut heads if your car is double skinned.

JH

Snapper,

I got my Brooklands screens from a guy called John Kemble of Kembl engineering. They were £46 each plus VAT (check the DT price!!) and got them in a couple of days. Call him on 01803 835757. For the mirrs have a look at Mirlin Motorsports page - again good prices. I used EuropaSpares and did not get a good service in the end and they recently put up prices.

If you mount them on a stantion you will need this from Caterham, which I think was £105 plus VAT.

I also am yet to fit the screen again!

The stantion came drilled with the inner most holes only. I decided to copy Steve Foster and come up with a counter sunk screw with a nyloc on top. You can fit the little brackets one hole at a time and measure back from the edge and it is pretty easy. The mirrors are mounted in a similar way on mine - all to save drilling holes into the scuttle.

I fitted rubber under the stantion to reduce vibration and also to stop scratches - this makes it a tight fit to get the holes to line up so check first.

Mine are off the car at the moment so if you are local to Bracknell you are welcome to fit and try out. Give me a ring on 07880 928612 if you are.

Phil Waters

Zetec is in and running wink.gif

Edited by - philwaters on 22 Feb 2002 13:17:53