Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 Wheels for Ford 'English' live axle

Paul White

My project for changing from an Ital to a Ford 'English' rear axle is well under way except I don't have any wheels! 😳

Apparently the De-dion ones fit OK *thumbup*

I need 2 rear wheels for Road use and also another 2 for track use (the fronts still have Ital fitments) to match existing silver minilites preferably 6 or 6.5 J.

Also, I will end up with a spare set of Ital Minilites.

Multi-coloured Beaulieu 1.8(now 2.0), see wraps

Edited by - Paul white on 21 Aug 2006 13:01:49

Paul just be aware and based on my experience with mine you may also need spacers on the back if you try and fit minotaurs (think that's how you spell it?) as the machined recess in the back of the wheel isn't deep enough to accept the machined flange on the centre of the half shaft (the bit that protrudes through the drum) unless that is you're installing a modified axle? The revolutions I had were ok though and I can't vouch for other minilite styled wheels

From memory I fitted 5mm so they're not spacers in the true sense of the word just thick shims.

I also ended up changing the studs as well as there wasn't enough thread, again not a problem with sleeved nuts on revolution wheels.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I will have a set to sell; I have 2 sets at the moment, one for road & one for track, so once I've got a set of Ford ones (2 rears for road, 2 rears for track) I'll have a set spare - I'm sure I could have put that more simply!

I need to get the Ford ones first so that I can swap the tyres about and see which set I'm keeping (one is silver the other gunmetal).

I think the price will be guided on what I end up paying for the Ford wheels.

Paul.

Edited by - Paul White on 4 Sep 2006 14:00:02