Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Springs & Adjustment

Mark Ferguson

I have looked at the various bits on techtalk for set ups & it has blown my non techie mind.

I have widetrack & adjustable bilsteins all round on my car & have just chopped the back wheel carrier off totally.

This has had the effect ( probably in the mind) of lowering car at front & slightly raising it at back.

was flat floored & set up a few years back but without that expense again is there an easy fix.

How easy are the adjustables to adjust & how

What are best spring rates to push up front & lower back slightly

Car is a 1.9 k

All help appreciated *cool*

• Support Team

Adjustables are easy to adjust. The standard Caterham ones have 2 rings that the springs sit on - you undo the ring on the non-spring side (it acts as a lock nut) and then rotate the rings together - screw them towards the spring to raise the ride height and away from the spring to lower it.

It is easier to do with the car jacked up and with the correct C spanners but I have done it in the past using a screwdriver and mallet to knock the rings around.

If your ride height has gone up at the rear then you could just drop it a little bit - if you screw each side by the same number of turns it will be pretty accurate.

Yellow SL *cool* #32