Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitron report.

Peter T

Well i have just had a drive in my car with the new Nitrons fitted.

It drives much better and the cornering speeds have increased. *thumbup*

The car feels much more alive and really responds quicker to steering input.

Spring rates seem spot on and so does the adjustments that Mark Durrant kindly dialled in.

It certainly makes the car feel planted firmly on the road with less twitchyness, it has eliminated the nervousness of the chassis.

Worth the costs and also i have shaved 3 kg from the weight as a bonus !!!

Only issue i have now is that my front CR500 tyres seem to be developing splits on both tyres, so i need to seek proffesional advice to see if it is safe to use them. *mad*

R500 Mango Madness

Peter

Good to hear that your pleased with the Nitrons *smile*

I have a pair of CR500's on Barmby rims sitting in the garage that your welcome to use whilst your new tyres are returned to Avon to investigate. Give me a call on the mobile if you want them and I'll drop them round *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

I had some cr500's that split down the middle, i put it down to some excessive doughnuts at brooklands a few moons back

I just chucked them and got some replacements assuming the problem was self inflicted...

as for dampers, bloody upgraditis *mad*

• Support Team

Has anyone gone for anything other than the standard Nitron damping setting? For road use I run the dampers on their softest setting and the most I have adjusted them on track is about 6 clicks from soft (measured as 18 from hard) - it seems that I am not getting a practical range of adjustment and wondered whether it would be worth having them revalved to make them a bit softer and allow me to actually use more of the adjustment. When I first fitted them I set them at 12 from hard thinking that halfway would be a good starting point but that was extremely stiff.

For info I'm running 250 front springs and 150 rear on a K series car.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I have been running mine for 2 years. fronts are 240 and rear 140.

I run mine on road prity soft but for the last few sprints i have been 8 from hardest at the front and 5 from hardest on the back.

i have been suprised at how changing the damping affects the grip levels and the ability t control or not control the amount of grip avalable.

David

I run 4 clicks front and two rear. You also have to bear in mind that the Avon CR500 tyres are bl**dy stiff and give no creature comfort compared to Yoko's. *thumbup*

Front anti roll bar size also can change the feel. *thumbup*

Mark the starter is great, saved about 2 kilos and is nowhere near the primaries so heat issue is not a problem, no more cooked solonoids. *thumbup* 😬

When i was at Brise i also bought a new lightweight alternator too, this is very dinky. *eek* *cool*

Performance has improved due to the loss of 6-7 kilos with the suspension change too. *tongue*

R500 Mango Madness

Thanks Peter.

I'm interested in pursuing this upgrade one day so I'm wondering...

Nitron are showing mega £ shocks (their verbage) w/ remote reservoirs on their web site, offered as a more track oriented solution. Did you get those? Would the extra money be worth it for trackday (as opposed to racing) application?

-------

Chris

Blatus quo

ould the extra money be worth it for trackday (as opposed to racing) application?

It doesn't work like that. If you know what settings to use on the multi-adjustables, by all means go ahead. However I'd wager you'd end up lost in settings you don't understand. Serious damper tuning is best carried out with a dynamometer, damper motion datalogging, a serious computer model and lots of testing time - you can substitute "experience" for some or all of the prceding list, but by buying single adjustables, you are buying into the experience of the Nitron team in coming up with something that is truly superb and within an ace of the unachievable "optimum".