Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Timing strut template / measurements by email please?

No Nuts

MSA Blue Book 10.9.1

"Where timing is activated by a light beam, the vehicles will be fitted at the front with a verticle timing strut, minimum vertical height 254mm, the bottom of which shall not be less than 180mm and no more than 200mm from the ground. The strut shall be matt black on both sides, over its total area, which shall not be less than 254mm by 51mm. No other, or further forward part of the vehicle may interupt these dimensions or actuate the timing"

Thanks Paul. I've got that but was hoping there was similar for the Caterham strut as it saves getting the tape measure out on the car (i.e. is designed to meet those specs when mounted on the grille).

I think we'll be getting the tape measure and blue book out anyway though. I was just looking for a time saving solution!

Ta everso.

Guy

NN 😳

• Support Team

Or if you're lazy like me just order one from Caterham - they don't cost very much and fit spot on. They use a clamp plate that goes the other side of the grill and 2 bolts but you can just as easily zip tie it to the grille (a tip I discovered after my first event).

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Indeed. I've actually got one but it's in storage and not accessible in the timescales available - and without same day courier neither is ordering another from Caterham.

Ne'er mind, we'll come up with something. Flat and black hopefully! 😬

Guy

NN 😳