Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buget for a years sprinting?

Big Brother

I'm thinking of sprinting next year *smile*

So far I have a car, a crash helmet and £15 ready for entering the speed championship *thumbup*

I know I will need tyres (£150), a racesuit (£200) and a competition license (£40).

What other costs should I be bugeting for, (entry costs etc) for a years sprinting?

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less!

entry costs vary per venue from 65 to 120 quid

fuel costs to get to the event

burger/eating out costs

if you are planning to overnight it cheap options to camp or find B&B or 5* hotel

happy to chat about this and next meet (if I ever turn up), also happy to guide you through you first few events :)

rob

The three main budget items from my point of view are entry fees, petrol to/from event (you don't actually use much when you are there) and overnight stops.

Entry fees will vary from ,say, £65'ish for L7Club run events to £100+ for events such as Cadwell where we are an invited club.

The overnight accomodation will also vary depending on the level of comfort required 😬 - from camping (nothing?) to a decent B&B at £50-£70 per night.

And of course, once you have the sprinting bug, there will be UPGRADEITIS. *eek* 😬 Prepare to have a permanently open wallet 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

So, would anyone here admit to sprinting on a really tight buget?

Is it really possible to keep the costs down? IE driving the 7 to events, camping in site, trying not to break the car... etc etc

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less!

Got the gloves, boots and balaclava *thumbup*

If things are really tight, I also have my old proban marshals outfit to fall back on. (OK so its not 3 layer Nomex but it has all the right labels and its Orange 😬)

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

Err...no suprise here....but...yip! Definately sprinting on a budget!

I'd suggest....Entry Fee £60-100 an event...

Petrol - £?? Who knows!! I'd guess around £30-70 for me depending on the distance...however, I'm only got a widdly little K-series

Tyres - My stunners have done 1.5 seasons thus far and are still going! Reckon I'll get 2 seasons, 2-3 trackdays and around 20,000 odd miles out of them..

Food - Err depends....About £5 odd on the day! Overnight....allow a few pennies for beero!

usual expenses such as oil changes etc!

I usually spend about £150 ish an event!

Dannyboy *tongue*

I'm doing it pretty much on a budget, 'cos I think it is more fun that way.

7 sprints at average £90 entrance fee = £630

Travel cost..

longcross x2 = £10 (I live 10 miles away!0

Pembrey (double header) £50

Loton £50

Wiscombe £40

Harewood £60

Total= £210 double this is your trailer trash....

Acommodation:

Free @ longcross

Free @ Pembrey (stayed with friends, or would have camped)

Loton £7 (with zero facilities!)

Wiscombe £?? hopefully cheap camping or do it in 1 day

Harewood £10??? is there camping available??

so total call it £40

Food: £20 an event (SV driver) = £140 but you have to eat at a weekend anyway, so is this really an additional cost?

Car: Naff all. Your doing such low mileage that fuel, oil, tyre use (class 2 or 4) is so low it is irrelevant.

Grand total = £1000 or so for 7 sprints if your doing it cheap.

Neil,

Just to answer your question regards Wiscombe - camping is free *thumbup* but with zero facilities ..well a couple of porta-loos if they count 😬. Camping field is actually also the event top paddock.

Caterham Fireblade here

Edited by - Manxseven on 16 Aug 2006 16:11:29

Similar situation here. But I'm also looking at factoring in:-

Tall FIA Bar or lowered floor - to get the requisit 50mm lid to FIA bar clearance

3" Harness, Side Impact and rear Wheel intrusion bars, New (i.e don't have any)Honeycomb panels

Not even mentioned Adjustable platforms/flat floor, Extinguisher, Tillett, Non Grip Tyres *tongue*, Aeroscreen or Tonneau yet....

1.4K SS 😬 here 'You've got be in it to lose it !'