Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K fuel pressure

bobt

Great, more things being monitored now means more things to worry about! Everything seems to be running alright. Could I have a problem I didn't know about ?

I'll try re-zeroing the calibration tommorrow and see it I get a different reading.

Cheers

Rob

The pressure you see is refreenced again the inlet manifold vacuum, so when the engine is running and the throttle is closed you will see a dip in the measured pressure because the gauge reflects the fuel pressure referenced against ambient air pressure rather than manifold pressure. When you open the throttle and the manifold vacuum decreases, the pressure will lift again up to near 3 bar.

Oily

Ah I see. I must admit that with the crappy weather today I haven't actually driven the car since the gauge has been fitted. Just started it up and lightly blipped the throttle a few times. I'll take it for a blat tommorrow if the weather is better. Thanks for the explanation Dave.

Cheers

Rob

Went for a blat this evening *smile*

When the engine is in a steady state the fuel pressure sits at 2.5 bar, however if you floor it such that you are WOT and the revs climbing the pressure rises to 3 bar.

So eveything is cool and dandy

Every days a school day *smile*

Rob