Click here if you are having website access problems ×

It's not long now...

PorkieAndBest

Hi,

It's not long now until I take delivery of my CSR200. Maybe a month or so. Maybe less*. I want you all to know that I'm quite excited. I know it's going to be too hot and it's going to be noisy and it's going to shake like the dickens and I'll proberbly kangaroo it for the first day, week or month or year or something BUT I'm still quite excited and that's saying something.

I don't yet know how I'm actually going to pick it up, I don't know how to maintain it correctly, I'm not sure what spares I should have and I'm still not sure that I've ended up with the right colour (yellow). I do have a tool kit (c/o MyCaterham) and I've got a personalised number plate (X200CSR). My kids tell me that I've got a Caterham top for my Birthday (Monday next) and I've cleared the garage out so I don't have to leave it outside where the House Martins will Cr*ap on it.

Blimey, I'm excited.

*Maybe more, but let's think +ve.

And something else; I saw a load of Caterhams at a local meeting (Wybunbury) a month or so ago. Blinking heck, they look good. The host pub was having a load of maintenance work carried out; lots of dust and stuff. When the low slung exhausts scoot across the car park, loads of dust. Sounds great. Yup, I'm excited.

And I had a ride in one driven at VERY high speed at an Oulton Park track day. We zoomed past an M3, an M5 and an Elise. In fact we passed everything*.

Cor blimey. Time for a cold shower.

* Everything I saw when my eyes were open.

Factory built. Don't actually know when it'll be ready. Pick up from Midlands office. I was thinking of taking the train/taxi to their office. I don't have a trailer to take a car. My brother lives in Nottingham; guess I was hoping he'd give me a lift but if you've got a trailer in Chester, maybe that's a better bet. Maybe I could contact you nearer the day if that's OK?