Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham branded dash-top mount shift light unit - info please

masha

Can anyone tell me more about the Caterham branded sequential shift light unit featured on the R500:

a) how much is it?

b) can it be bought direct from manufacturer (is it a stack part?)

c) will it plug straight into other K-series cars in a straight fwd way

d) how does it connect

e) is it programmable for different types of driving ie efficiency on road, optimum performance on track

.... and anything else that may be interesting about this small electronic dash-mount gadget.

Thanks

Matt ms81@cant.ac.uk

Thanks for the responses - I understand they may be some mileage in clubbing together and making an order from Aces for 5 or 10 shift light units. I'm confident they stock units suitable for most cars, but what I don't know yet is how I can get it supplied with the Caterham logo or the dash-top , mounting bracket; but I'll keep you all posted.

For those of you who are interested in Aces SureShift 2 Light Unit, I have

now been able to negotiate a good price of £189 inclusive of VAT and Bracket plus

delivery. This offer is open only to Club Members until Sunday 24th February 2002, whereafter the price will increase.

For those of you who have the new EU3 wiring loom, you will need a pull-up resistor which Aces will supply you with if you tell them it is for the new EU3, and at no extra cost. This is simple enough to fit as this is what I had to do myself. I think the Unit is the dog's danglies !

Aces Tel. No: 01206 395 324 - Ask for Julien (quote my name for the extra discount). e-mail: sales@aceserve.co.uk

fredid=blue> smile.gif

Hi Fred

Re: your Posting - 20 February 2002 17:23      

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who are interested in Aces SureShift 2 Light Unit, I have now been able to negotiate a good price of £189 inclusive of VAT and Bracket plus

delivery. This offer is open only to Club Members until Sunday 24th February 2002, whereafter the price will increase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to have to tell you this is the same price they offered me one in december when I called and told me it was discouted for being a club member and at the motorsport show they quoted the same price.

When Caterham quoted me for the unit they was shocked when I told them what Aces was charging me because they stated thats what they charged then after they negotiate a discount for regular purchases.

You still have to get thr bracket from Caterham because the make it

As the Sex Pistols said " Have you ever felt cheated"?

Edited by - Snapper on 20 Feb 2002 20:45:23

Now for the authoritative answer:-

Normal retail price is 219 + VAT

Discounts are available to Lotus 7 Club members bringing the price down to 189 PLUS VAT. This was also the price offered to everybody at the Autosport Show in Jan.

Fred indicated that there was a lot of interest being shown in this Forum and suggested that a bulk order could get a further discount and it was agreed that for a limited period, subject to at least five orders being received, the VAT would be removed (ie ACES would pay it). This was a special time limited offer.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Incidentally, the bracket is made by Caterham and has a retail price of 7.50 +VAT. ACES buy these from Caterham and are able to supply to customers. If you ask nicely, you may get one thrown in ;-)

There it is then straight from the horses mouth. Aces were kind enough to phone me yesterday and clarify: the price for single orders is £189+VAT +Caterham dash-top mount bracket £7.50. However, if we can get an order for 5 or more together the price comes down to £189inclusive and they'll throw-in the dash-mount bracket for free. So come-on gang I need at least 4 names! (they did say they would be Aces branded, which doesn't bother me, as Caterham have requested they don't sell any with their custom face-plate fitted which is understandable). email me at ms81@cant.ac.uk or tel 01227 379190 over the next week if you're interested in getting involved in a bulk/dicounted order. Regards Matt Masha

I looked at the SS2 for my SLR (189 ex VAT) but was then offered the same system but without the digital display contained within the control box. I was told that this is a new device, just developed. Either way, it's great and only £149 Ex VAT) i think they called it Sure Shift SL or something. Anyway fitted it on friday, v. straight forward.

Personally, was not really interested in the SS2 additional functions (rev memory and light set up memory). I've set my light to come on from 4-7750rpm but may change to 3-7750 this weekend. V.easy to do.

You've got a good deal at £189 all in though

If anyone needs any advice on fitting/programming light set up just give me a shout!

Jon B

Kawasaki Green SLR