Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FYI: Brand new 1800cc Rover K-series engine £1600

Tony Whitley

• Area Representative

You're very welcome Dave, but it currently resides in a similarly dead Rover 214, so not exactly immediately available.

Give me a shout on 07974 927618 if it's of interest - I need to get shot and reclaim the space but as with so many things, just haven't got around to it.

Cruds

• Area Representative

I asked the seller whether a 1400 or 1600 exchange unit would be acceptable and received this reply:

<<

Hi Richard. In regards to your question we will accept other capacity engines in exchange for our units with a few conditions, the exchange unit regardless of capacity has to have an aluminum sump as the units we are selling have this.These are found on all k-series engines older than about 1996.The other thing is that if you return to us a K16 engine you will only revieve £150 back from the sur charge and for a K14 unit only a £100 will be returned this due to the fact that these engines are not worth as much as the K18 and we will lose money on selling them after reconditioning them as im sure you appriciate.kind regards ,Stew (fivewayslimited)

>>

My engine is a 1995 with a steel sump.

Crudders

I've got an alloy sump (the Rover version, not for a Caterham) FOC if anyone wants it.

I can bring it to Manchester this Sunday morning or London City airport in the late afternoon.

/regin

Growing old is mandatory - Growing up is optional

• Area Representative

Sorry DJ - lost track of this thread.

I'm in Sidcup, once in North West Kent but now in outer South East London, 8 miles inside the M25. Probably too much hassle and faff to save £100 in exchange, but if you wanted the engine for other reasons, give me a shout.

Crudders