Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yoko 48R vs 32R tramlining

Jason Plato

Thanks for making this post, Dave. My car feels positively unstable on the inside lane of the motorway because it's tramlining to the ruts made by the HGVs.

I'll switch to A032s once this set have worn out. Especially considering my contact patch query here

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1800 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. *smile*

I had to switch from 32s to 48s due to unavailability of 32s, and think they are a backward step.

When I posted about this a year ago it seemed most people (except Dave J.) didn't agree.

Wish I could still get the 32s, where are you guys getting them?

Jerry Parker

L7 SVN

1400 Supersport

I was going to '48s, but have thought again since most appear to consider them a retrograde step after '32s.

How about these?-

"KUMHO's ECSTA V70A has been voted best tyre in a test of road-legal track day tyres by German motoring magazine AUTO BILD."

http://www.kumho-euro.com/news/MS_news050202.html

Anybody got any experience - they came out of the test well ahead of '48's

Paul

I would love to have the opportunity to try some tyres such as the Kumhos and the toyos before buying . I wouldnt take the conclusion of the German magazine test as applicable to Se7ens tho - as the test car was a BMW saloon if I recall correctly.

I think the Kumho and the toyo carcass may be stiffer than the 32/48R. I dont know if the carcass stiffness is directly related to the tramlining or if its more to do with the tread type and construction metod ?.

anyone know ?