Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What needle valve do I have - weber carbs

ashaughnessy

How do I find out what needle valve a pair of Weber 40DCOE carbs have? I want to buy a service kit and you can get a new needle valve with the kit but you need to know which one you currently have so you can ask for the right one.

Is the needle valve one of the things you can just unscrew and pull out? If so, where is it?

Thanks

Anthony

You will need to remouve the pin from the float first, you just push it out.When the floats are out of the way you can unscew the needle valve, it is marked on the side. 200 is a common needle valve.

Be carefull when remouving the float and needle valve they are easy damaged and you will need to reset the float level if you put in a new needle valve or at least check it.

Thanks Elie,

The service kit comes with a 200 as standard, so I'll assume I've got that one.

I don't want to do too much dismantling until I've bought the manual, and I want to order the manual at the same time as the service kit, which comes with the replacement needle valve, ..... etc

Anthony

Anthony, just be carefull with the needle valve when you check or adjust the float level, they get easely marked when you put some pressure on them with the floats. When they are marked trow them away because they will never close a 100%

It's most unlikely your needle valve will be more than 200, the bigger they are the more difficult it gets to shut them against the fuel pressure due to the greater fuel flow.