Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Can't read my Emerald???

PAUL MARRIOTT

Tried to connect to my Emerals ECU last night but kept getting a not connected / not powered up message.

But the ECU was powered and the connections made (physically anyway) with a good cable. The only thing that I've done since the last time I connected is have the lap top up dated to XP and had to reload the Emerald software.

Any thoughts?

Getting a bit desperate - need to adjust or sort tickover and fettle the mixture for MOT on friday.

Paul M

on one version of the software a "not connected to port 1 " or some such warning always came up and you could simply press "OK" and carry on - it was a bug .

if the ecu is powered up and the LED lights are on then it would appear that the problem is with your laptop ☹️

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Have you got an Emerald cable? a stock RS232 or null modem cable is not the same... The port choice dialogue box is not a bug, it is simply giving the user a choice of which COM port to use with the default being the first that the BIOS reports, it is a feature of the Comms library used by Karl.

Oily

Hello Dave

Yep I've an Emerald cable but won't bother chasing my IT dIV for a compatable lead now.

Karl has just advised that the problem most likely lies with my PC, I've also got a "ie_Open - device already open" which apparently means that another programme is using the comms port - he's given me a couple of pointers, so I'll be busy scratching my head tonight *confused* No doubt if I resolve the ECU issue I'll b*gger something else up.

Paul M