Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buying ACB10s

AndrewD

I need to get some new ACB10s for my SLR (7-21-13 for front, 8-22-13 for rear). I can see the prices at Caterham and BMTR. Any other places to try or is about 90-95 a corner plus vat about the best I'm going to get?

Any advice gratefully received!

Andrew

I've just bought some second hand 6x13 ACB10s from Mark Miller Motorsport for 15 quid a corner including VAT and delivery, they've only done one race meeting and will do nicely for trackdays. Sorry if this isn't much help but at least I know how much of a bargain I got.

Roy

Edited by - will fly on 4 Apr 2002 21:38:09

Andrew, I tried all sorts of places when I was looking, Kwikfit claim to have an "any tire, any place" etc policy for their internet site, it's not really true, as they discovered BMTR are the sole supplier (even to Caterham) however I did find Caterham were marginally cheaper than BMTR. Hope that helps, however the thought of £15 a go slightly second hand is VERY enticing and might encourage me to try harder on track!

Si

Andrew

Have you tried Avon direct at Swindon.

Here's the number 01225 357694

You are unlikely to get cheaper new than direct from the supplier. You will have to get them fitted, but they will deliver to your door.

Speak to Brian Davis. He has sorted me out with tyres a few times now.

Andy Mac

teeth.gif Out of Control RED SLR teeth.gif