Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dedion LSD

JonW

Where's Norman when you need him. Bulk buy for 3.6 LSDs anyone???

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1800 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings. Awaiting mapping session with Emerald ☹️

Sorry Nifty... *tongue*

Seriously tho id defo be up for this - can we get them built at the same place? Id need a new diff (shipping my existing one from Aus would be prohibitve) but Im assuming that this is a standard Sierra item and I can get one off the shelf from a scrapyard when im next in the UK and just chop off the bit I dont need etc - or am I just kidding myself?

Can someone locally help organise a group buy? Ive defo got cash waiting... *smile* would love to fit one when

7 wonders - sorry for being thick - but does the preload indicate where the 'lock' happens? I assume any less than what you have could cause hassles (!) on roundabouts etc?

Cheers J

Jon,

Drop me a blatmail.

I'm going to Road and Race Transmissions on Tuesday and will be discussing LSDs with Phil.

I'm also planning to come over to Aussie at Christmas so we might be able to work something out for you.

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty,

Do you fancy mentioning a bulk buy to R&R? I spoke them a couple of weeks ago and IIRC, it was around £750 for them to install the lsd into your existing diff. Be interested to see if they would drop their prices for say 10 lsds???

Cheers,

Ben

The LSD fitted to the sierra is not compatible with the Caterham driveshafts, if they were we`d all be fitting diffs for about £100 from a scrappie. The only way to do it is to fit an aftermarket lsd for the caterham to a std sierra open diff.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Simon,

Is it than not more simple (cheaper) to change the driveshafts?

In the past my nabour on our industrial estate shortened Sierra driveshafts for Donkervoort (car that was previously based on CC 7, but noe in excess of Euro 100,000.-)

Q.

• 1 month later...

[Off Topic]

HI Jon I see from you location your in Syndey Oz. Have you met Steve B yet? He's a Caterham ower who recently moved out to Sydney taking his car with him. If you'd like I can put you guys in touch. He's no longer on here but does use seventorque and sevens.net.

[/Off Topic]

Alan and his Yellow and Green 1700 BDR HPC.

The problem is that the Caterham driveshaft does not extend inside the diff far enough to engage the LSD on a std sierra unit. I haven`t seen this for myself but enough people have told me to put me off.

You are correct in that you could get a suitable driveshaft manufactured, but a one off driveshaft could be as expensive as an aftermarket diff.........

If anyone can get one off driveshafts made cheaply then it could be an option.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here