Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jill Judd half door question

caterhamnut

Just got some of these as they fold into car when camping - anyway, I have got some of those poppers that are directional - which way do they work - I assume the tap is nearest you when you pull the popper open, ie: towards the direction of pull on the popper - if that makes sense?

Also, there are some hexagonal studs - the bit the popper pops onto is round, but the 'base' is hexagonal - are these special, or just alternatives to the ones already on the car?

cheers

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

94,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

You need the hexagonal bases with the directional poppers; different undercut to engage the poppers correctly. Assuming you're using the directional ones on the front of the doors just ensure they can only come off as you "peel" the door forward ie against the direction of the air flow.

Hope that makes sense *confused*

Mick

where is the 'tab' located in the popper on the door, relative to the front/back of the car?
*confused* *confused* *confused*

Hmmmmm............ without looking at the popper I don't know. I just worked it out as I hammered them on.................I'll send you an pic later.

Thanks Mike - perfect!!

I know I know Peter - so sorry!! Just need to finish off a few bits and oieces tonight, then it will be on ebay where you can buy it at your leisure!!

We have had carbon MOG half dorrs for ages - go perfectly with clams and brooklands, but I wanted something we could take off and fold away while we are touring the Austrian passes!

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

Not bad actually - choice of 2 types of material - one is the same as the Caterham hood - thickish plastic. We have gone for the lighter ones - sort of stiffish fabric. Nicely made, arrived very very quickly - about £55 for the pair incl. fittings *thumbup*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here