Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tamiya 1/12 Caterham (Now aquired)

Tony C

The Caterham Super Seven BDR Cycle Fender Special.

I can't find one anywhere and thought perhaps somebody might have one sitting in a cupboard somewhere - unmade *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 2 Aug 2006 22:10:26

Edited by - Tony C on 9 Aug 2006 22:07:42

I understand the Cycle Fender Special #10202 is no longer manufactured, so I don't hold-out too much hope. I've found several kits advertised on the Internet, but they are just adverts that have not yet been removed - though I'm still checking one model shop in Holland.

Good idea about the ebay search - thanks Wahey.

I'm trying to get a kit that is closest to my 7 so I don't have too much trouble converting it *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Might have just found one in Germany 😬

Funny you should mention that *cool*. Try here

Only 60 sets made and I don't know if there are any left, but maybe worth checking-out.

Search 'Ebay.com' (not ebay UK) for 'hongkongcowboy'. He has all the 1/12 variants of the caterham (142 dollars IIRC) *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

Unfortunately - no longer. The Cycle Fender #10202 is no longer in production, as I discovered before placing the "Wanted" post *cool*

Got one - well, ordered and paid for it - fingers crossed.

Unfortunately it was the last one he had, but will let me know if he gets any more and I'll post the info here if anybody else is in the market 😬

Tony,

If you managed to get yours from HongKongCowboy you'll be all right. I bought mine from him a few years ago and seem to remember it arrived within 5 days.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint here

Drive it like you stole it! *eek* but don't tell my pupils that 😳

Ordered mine from a guy in Germany.

As the cycle fender/wing kit is no longer in production they don't seem to be available from the normal sources. I have been burning-up the www trying to find one. Tamiya now only make the BDR with clams and the JPE, so the cycle wing kit can only be obtained from someone with one tucked-away in a cupboard.

The conversion kit mentioned earlier will enable a BDR clamshell wing kit to be converted to cycle wing. The JPE is an option, but the seats are wrong, as are the wheels.

I'd like to modify the kit to match my car as closely as possible - though I can anticipate long hours trying to make the Brooklands from scratch *cool*

Tony - that conversion kit was cool.... but ata price... eeek! *eek* ISTR it was US$118 - I think I only paid about 130US equiv for my whole Tamiya kit... Ok so it was comprehensive but considering half of it you most likely wouldnt use and the engine parts werent K series it didnt seem like as good value as Id have liked... such a shame. ☹️

If anyone knows where I can get just the cycle wings id be grateful... *smile*

Kit arrived from Germany today - so I can now uncross my fingers - now how do I make Brooklands screens from scratch *confused*