Click here if you are having website access problems ×

what's this worth?

Wahey

2001 superlight.

25k miles

no carbon, except - dash, aeroscreen, pedal box cover!

Was completely standard until last winter when the following was done costing the thick end of £10k!

upgrade to r300 including:

r300 vvc engine with r500 bearings & rods, forged pistons, caterham dry sump with remote kidney oil tank, r500 flywheel, r500 exhaust.

Full gearbox rebuild

Diff rebuild

caterham race springs & newer dampers

full r400 style roll cage

plumbed in fire extinguisher

race radiator

Fancy caterham fuel cap!

I know there is more stuff that I havn;t mentioned but that gives you an idea of the basic spec.

I have a dilemma that I am having another one built which will be a bit daft & I really don;t have the need for 2.

Any ideas on value would be appreciated.

Only my thoughts but, had you gone for original 'Touring' spec, with the R300 upgrades, then you would probably have a bigger market and it may have been worth c.£17k(ish).

In semi-'race' spec it will have a narrower appeal so £15k(ish) is probably more realistic. Of course a lot depends on presentation - buyers always want a car that looks near perfect.

Just to add, 25,000 miles will be perceived as high mileage for a track focussed car.

Mad Manx

Edited by - Mike C. on 1 Aug 2006 10:25:34

All comments appreciated. *thumbup*

I reckon it's probably worth about £14k ish but it is worth far more than that to me so it looks like it will be staying with me.

I just hope the missus re-kindles her passion for track days again in the next couple of years.