Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Squadron of Inflated Hedgehogs an appeal

NormalVeranda

As some of the older shedders will recall I have been maintaining a squadron of Formation flying inflated hedgehogs.

However since the shed became part of a Grant maintained "private " organisation I have remained unable to settle my differences with the management.

As you will see the general state of the shed is in such a state.

However whilst I have managed to gain some exhibition fees for the events the Squadran attends the maintainence costs have now exhausted my funds.

However I am launching a Charity concert to benefit the squadrom. Without your help this event will be a failure.

Can any volunteers post below with a list of skills you can offer

Thanks in advance. The Squadron needs you

NOTCleaning up after pesky shedders

• Area Representative

Just a few facts to help all the would be volunteers:-

The European hedgehog was introduced in the 1930's to New Zealand where it now lives in the wild.

Approx half of the hedgehog population die before they are a year old.

Life expectancy is approx 2-3 years.

Adult weight is around 1-2 KG - heaviest in autumn.

Hedgehogs have approx 6000 spines on their backs.

Adult males grow to approx 9" long.

Hedgehogs can swim, climb walls and run fast - speeds of up to 2 metres a second!

Ancient Egyptians thought hedgehog fat would cure baldness ☹️

Nothing about Flying: must be either really common, so not worth mentioning OR fictional.

I wonder which? *confused*

GJT

Crossflow

524 my secret *cool*

ISTR that the hedgehogs are basically a mutant force similar to the Turtles.

An accident was had with some Heilium and a Caterham 21 that was being stored at the time.

They are rare and for this reason alone I think this appeal should be supported.

Add to that the families they support and the good works they have carried ou.

I do recal an incident when a tree fell on Mav and the whole squadron rallied to help lift the tree

We need to know where the concert is taking place but I for one am happy to get the Doris Day out fit on and give a rendition of "Move over Darling" in aid of this deserving cause

Big ISSSSSSSUUUUUUE, Get your BIG ISSSSSSSSSUE

Mr Janitor, Sir...

What skills would be of use to you? We shedders are a many & varied bunch (mostly) some of them are even good with mechanics and even rarely, cars *tongue*

Most of us just piff about with comouters though, i offer my services with wires and electrons, and should also mention my speciality of beer drinking - if that is of any help *confused*

*Wears badge that says Support The Hedgehog Squadron* 😬

*arrowright*Get a Mosaic Poster of YOUR car and help Nuke the Leuk here *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

Mr janitor

I too am high skilled in tasting beer (although not the G I N G E R variety).

I also have a limited knowledge on the subject of 260mm high rubber safety step-ladders, if this helps at all please do not hesitate to contact me *thumbup* *thumbup*

Dry-sumped White Supersprint *smile*

Er, this hedgehog here is a rarely spotted 'pussyhog' that is frequently found in small tight warm places...........unfortunately I have never been able to catch one because despite the thrill of the chase I get scared and withdraw my todger before I get 'splined'......

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

ars est celare artem - That's why I have the Clams 😬

Updated photos here