Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thanks to Alex & Roger for their help today!

henry21p

If anyone can help, I need to change my engine mount rubbers and do some underfloor riveting this weekend possibly remove and re-bush my rear arb too.

Therefore - if someone has a driveway, jack/engine hoist (to support it whilst mount is changed) and a rivet gun, i'd be dead grateful for a hand sat/sun..... have own spanners/axle stands/elbow grease

Edited by - dave21p on 29 Jul 2006 23:45:50

Mr Wong - it's only about 40 mins from me (I'm actually in Brum now rather than Cov), straight cross the city, out on the A38. you've already proven that you're immune to the curse, haven't you?

John - sounds tempting, but I've got Mum's birthday on sat evening at Blenheim Palace (going to the battle proms and fireworks there) - though I might take you up on some help to change my dampers/brakes etc the weekend after possibly. I'm investigating where i can do the work and with whose help at the moment (too many offers, don't want to offend everyone)

Matt - might be a bit far to travel, though if it's ok with you, i'll store your number just in case

Might well do that!

I have the rivet gun now - so looking at just needing a spare pair of hands and a jack for those engine mounts and some extra brute force (and some grease) for those bushes.....

Saturday suits me - would have to leave by 2:30-3ish as I have my dear old mum's birthday to get to, so morning suit you?

Alex, assuming Dave agrees, that would be most appreciated - I'm not sure how many I have left. I've got loads of Ali ones but I think steel ones are a good idea for the floor. Would be good to see you and good to know you're still coming by our way!! *tongue*

Dave, you can fit these with a hand rivet gun but it's hard work! I did about 20 and my hands were pretty sore afterwards. I'll see if we can borrow the hydraulic rivet gun.

Edited by - Alex Wong on 27 Jul 2006 16:04:30