Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA Entry List

Mark Durrant

Sorry Mark, I still can't find my way to locate the down loadable entry forms for MIRA 🤔

How do I find them on this site, as its a pain in the 🙆🏻 for you to keep linking them for me *thumbup* *thumbup*

Well look like I will not make it the cars not ready ☹️

Silly reason I busted the air temperature sensor on the ignition system *mad* Rather pulled the wire only then the minuscule pin snapped that hold the wires. *mad* Still see if I can get some in Maplin tomorrow. All the is rest ready except setting the clutch bite point. So if you do not see me you will know why.

Will ring Webber tomorrow to see what will happen if I just tape the wires off.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 3 Aug 2006 21:10:51

I imagine the system will simply ignor any air temperature correction without the sensor being conected .As the ambient temp is 18-25 C you wont need it anyway *biggrin*

Get yourself along to Mira *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

here is C7 TOP

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 4 Aug 2006 07:43:01

Hi Dave

Well I can not buy the connector pins but Weber thinks it SHOULD be ok with the wires taped off.

So I will see how it goes tonight still need to do a leak check etc and get the clutch point set. The only bu88er is I am likely to be late home.

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

No Gambo

Actually rather pissed off I love MIRA ☹️

Well late home as expected fired the car up it sound crap............ think it may be blowing at the manifold the carbs are out sounded a lot better a high revvs. Then again might all be no sensor .....whatever I have ordered a new one. No oil leaks so far, there still prove the water not leaking and really it need a run then all the bolts checked.

The only good news is that the clutch works but its feels very odd and needs more adjustment. I will get more leg room as it only needs to move an inch ! Raise me foot say half an inch and full clutch. This is going to take a bit of getting use to and MIRA is not the place nor is driving through London tomorrow. Plus I do need a stop made up and its bottoming out at just over an inch............ will do a write up on Techtalk.

Have fun all of you.......... I may go to the beach tomorrow instead 😬

Hi Gambo

Well if I stayed in ther garage till midnight it might be OK but if the sensors causing the problem its a waste of time plus I would need to be up at 5:30. Then there is getting use to the new clutch.... I doupt its going to be that difficult as I can slip into gear at near idle without stalling it.

This will be the second time I missed out this year when having a place......

Yes can be very galling. Lost two sprints and a trackday when my engine blew up this year. ☹️ With regueards to your clutch. Ihave a twin plate in my car, it also has a very off and on action. To make it a little lighter and easier with a bit more travel, I repositioned the clevice pin on the clutch pedal closer to the pedal pivot. Made the clutch much easier to use on the road. *thumbup* I'm leaving my house at 5.00 in the morning to get to Mira *eek*

RED 2.0 HPC

Gambo

Last time I left at 5:30 and was there for 7:30 going through Central London via Cristal Palace, Dulwich, Victoria ring road, the Edgeware road then the M1. Must say cought near all lights on green 😬

Graham ☹️

Got back about 6.30 tonight from a great days sport. Thanks to JP and Paul for a great little competition of our own in Class5 . We were a bit off Simon and Andy Griffs pace , Oh yes and that interloper from class 6 mr Luke, poping in that sub 50sec time *thumbup*but hey what the hell. Well chuffed that I got 118 through the speed trap, not bad for a VX on crappy 048r's. 😬 *tongue* I think I am going to have to get some of these ACB10's and have a go with some grip. *eek* Thanks to all who organsed it. See you again. *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬

RED 2.0 HPC

• Support Team

Great day. 1st timed run turned out to be my best but steady improvement from 1st practice was good and it is a fun course - just takes some bottle to keep your toe in for best speed through the speed trap.

Gill says "Congratulations to Kate for fastest lady and well done Mrs Kipper for being an inspiration to us all."

See you all at Wiscombe hopefully.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Gambo, You are too generous. I was way off the pace that you & JP were setting & still can't get my head around the speed that was being carried into control tower by those at the sharp end.

Nevertheless a great day out and very many thanks to Mark D, Graham and all those helping to run the day.

L7 FUN

DJ - its good to have you in class 3 *thumbup*

Had a great day at MIRA, so thanks to all those helped it make it a great day

had my own personal battle with Jeff & Steve for (6th/7th & 8th) which put me in the middle position, managed a Pb and a time that last year would have been good enough for 3rd (0.5s of the winner), but such is the pace in Class 3 it was over 1.5s slower than the front runners. In fact 5 runners broke last yeras winners time and 4 where under the old class record *eek*

It was probably the most enjoyable sprint for me of the year so far and I managed to avoiding the hat trick of 3 offs in 3 events 😬

and back home for 6 pm which makes a refreshing change...

rob *thumbup*