Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Best shift light

Pierre Gillet

What would be your recommendation for a shift light device that would feature several diods?

I also need to keep normal use of a tonneau without having to displace the shift light.

I have a plain 115 bhp 1.6K engine with power band peaking at 6200 rpm and standard limiter at 6600 rpm. I discovered that I never use the 6200-6700 interval which would also enable me to stick to the maximum power zone . The relatively modest power is OK for road use, a relatively light weight car (driver is 72 kg, and spare wheel has been removed) and my driving skills sad.gif

Pierre

I understand that the ACES Multistage Lights seem to be the in fashon, and they are the ones used on the R500 & Fireblade...

They fit on top of the dash by the Window and if fitted correctly they won't get on the way of the tonneau. There are two models on offer, Caterhams price seems a bit expensive because if you are a member of the L7C you get the same discount as Caterham do. But there is one down side and that is caterham make the bracket which raises the light up so you have to then buy that from Caterham.

ACES phone number +44 (0) 1206 395324

web: www.aceserve.co.uk

Hope this helps

The Webcon alpha shift light is hard to beat for value for money at just £50 . It features sequential diodes in green and red . It can be connected to the wires on the rear of the rev counter and then velcro stuck on the top of the scuttle - allowing you to remove it when you use the tonneau .

Do a search for "webcon" and its on their product page .

dave

Piere,

I have the Armtech shift light - this comes with a single remote diode that you can mount in the dash (either replace an existing light, or just drill a new hole)and then the unit itself I have just mounted on the scuttle by my knee (this has another diode, so you could mount it somewhere more visible if you really wanted an extra)

Paul

I have had a look inside my Webber shift light and you can just put the LEDs onto wires no problem. Just use a temp controlled iron to do it.

You could then mount them into the dash. I may well do this myself as I have yet to fit mine.

The problem you may have is getting one, Webber dont have any at the moment and Aldon are the 2nd best webber stockest and I got their last one. DT had none.

I suggest you order via Aldon. If you want their details e-mail me.

You may have to wait a bit though. They are 50ukp plus VAT btw.

Simon.

X777CAT

Pierre - I have the omex sequential lights and they are great

bets bit about them is that the box with the diodes on is tiny so you do not have to have a big box sat on the scuttle. I just stick them on with a couple of the sticky pads.

I have some pictures somewhere...

I believe Steve Mell was getting OMEX to make him a custom sequential jobbie to fit in his dash rather than on the scuttle, he may be along sometime!

rob