Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1.6K series high pressure fuel hose

h_____

My 2005 academy car, has a host (to fuel rail) that is cracked. I ordered a replacement from Caterham (£54+vat!!), but it doesnt seem to fit. The issues is at the end where it joins to the fuel pipe from the tank (i.e. back of the car). The brass union on the new hose, has a lateral movement (forward and back), which the old one does, and the new thread feels very tight on the fuel pipe union. The new pipe is very hard to tighten up, and when tight, the lateral movement means that the fuel pipe (from tank) isnt flush against the fuel hose , thus it leaks fuel.

Caterham cant help, they suggest sending both pipes back, or simply sending a new one (which they confirm is same as the one I have). I am reluctant to send both as my current one works, and it leaves the car stranded (I have race next weekend).

Has anyone experienced similar? Also I note the old hose is marked (5/16" BSAU 108/2 L4/c4/R) the new one has hardly any markings.

thanks

Anyone had any experience of swapping this? (before it drops off the front page).

Updated to add, issue is that the thread inside the union isnt long enough to seal against the solid fuel pipe union. Fix still unknown.

Edited by - h_____ on 20 Jul 2006 07:43:55

Rob, thanks for the reply, is this wise to use jubliee clips on a high pressure hose? Also, where can I get replacement hose from? Can I just get it from a motor factors?

have you seen the issue before?

Sorry the story continues, turns out the hoses that Caterham supply now, dont fit the 2005 academy cars as the new thread is too short. Older cars are fine. Caterham dont have an answer yet.....