Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Phewww - in at Loton!!

Don

YIPEEEeeee... We've got an entry at Loton!! ** Performs cartwheel**

Had a huge panic I'd left it too late/sent wrong form etc but just had confirmation.

I've spotted three other ladies in the L7 champs too!! Should be a good event!!!

Cya there!

Lynda

Wow! - 4 ladies at Loton *thumbup* - I don't think we've had one there before!

I assume I am one of the four, but I came out before the post this morning.

Is that the royal "we" or are you double driving? What class are you in?

I have spectated there a couple of times but this will be my first time driving the hill *eek*

Mrs K

If you're really Mrs H - then you are in too.

I'm double driving with hubs, in class 2B on the day ( 4 for the L7C ). I know quite a few ppl who consider it their favourite course.

Fingers crossed for good weather!!

Hi Lynda

I am hopefully one of the other ladies, along with Mrs Kipper and your good self *smile* Never done a hill climb before so I'm a bit nervous, but should be great fun.

See you there *cool*

Tam Calvert - dual drive in L7C class 3

Tam - you are indeed on the list!! 😬 (the other being Kate Sankey)

I had my first introduction to hill-climbing (and the car, in fact!) at Loton last September. You'll love it!! *smile*

Lynda

Tam

I know how you feel about doing your first hillclimb. I was terrified at Wiscombe two years ago - especially when it started to rain *eek* I plucked up the courage and, with a lots of support from the guys, was so pleased I'd done it at the end of the day *thumbup* Another mountain climbed so to speak *smile*

If you can do Longcross with all those trees and bushes you will have no problems at Loton. The good thing about hillclimbs is that they go up hill (except the downhill bits *confused*) which means that you can slow down quicker *thumbup*

If you are wondering about the mention of batches in the regs it's a case of what goes up must come down. A batch of cars do their run up the hill and collect at the top. They then drive in convoy down the hill back to the paddock. This means that the double drives have to go in the batch before their class so that the other driver can go out with the class. So he can watch you and you can watch him *smile*

I'm sure you will get the usual encouragement and advice from the rest of the guys *thumbup*.

Mrs K

PS Get in training now as we have to walk the hill - make sure you leave plenty of time for this on Saturday morning or maybe walk it Friday night.

Thanks Mrs Kipper - it makes sense now *smile* Already in training having walked part of the course at Longcross and back to the paddock via the test hill 😳

We're staying in Oswestry with family the night before but will be there bright and early on the Saturday *smile*

Tam

Sound Advice Mrs K - the first bit of the Loton track isn't visible to the spectator so walking that part is an absolute must.

I've hard Wiscombe is pretty hairy for a competant hillclimber let alone a novice. Fair effort!!

Lynda