Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7 Breathable Outdoor Car Cover on ebay

GT4 Blade

Petrolhead's remark I think should be taken as

' Why don't you put a price on here for the club members, that you purport to be part of, rather than the usual ebay ' no reserve, grab yourself a bargain' ebay bullsh*t.

Personally, I would ban ebay links on Blatchat, it's supposed to be a friendly supportive club, not a link to the chav city that is ebay.

Edited by - John Ryan on 13 Jul 2006 23:52:08

• Leadership Team

Come on, to be fair to GT4 Blade this is not really the place to discuss this ..... make the comments in ChitChat and let the advert run until there is a positive rule on the issue 🤔

Stu.

Admittedly there is a lot chav tat on ebay but to be fair, it is a great place to shop.

The beauty of ebay is everything finds its true value, that is the idea of auctions. If a club member decides to bid on there then he may well get it cheaper than an advertised price on here - on the other hand, what's wrong with a club member trying to get as much as he can for an item on ebay?

I regularly check ebay for parts so I don;t need links to see what's on there but I would imagine most of the users on blatchat are more than happy to be notified whan an interesting part becomes available on ebay. It is also nice to know who is selling it as there can be some dodgy types on there.

We should maybe have a seperate thread for ebay ad's but surely links like this are doing the club a service, not dis-service.

Your being a bit harsh don’t you think John? In fact I’d say your bullying.

GT4 Blade has put this on here in good faith to inform all us 7 enthusiasts of something that may be of interest and all you’ve done is bought it to people’s attention for all the wrong reasons. If your not interested in bidding then why bother at all? This is old ground we’ve been over time and time again – it’s getting boring.

Personally I Think having a low starting price and no reserve is brave move on something clearly worth quite a bit more. Perhaps this is the very reason Ebay is such a success – the potential to grab a bargain.

I’m annoyed to see you voicing your opinions using such language as Ebay bullsh*t. I appreciate these are your opinions and the opinions of members is what keeps this website going but to put it in such a way that you have is not acceptable and very rude (my opinion). It’s all the more upsetting when you speak to so many like minded 7 enthusiasts who refuse to post on here because of people like you who use it as a forum to criticize others. It goes against your claim of trying to be ‘friendly’ and ‘supportive’

I do agree that we should have a separate eEbay listings section on Blatchat and surely it’s doing none of us any favours if we aren’t told about parts for sale in the first place – via links or otherwise.

Have a good weekend.

Not me intention to offend anyone, so sorry if I have. And I agree I could have phrased myself a bit better.

My view (I know done to death), is that this is a great club. Since I bought my car and commenced the rebuild, I have had a lot of help from people on this site, from buying items via blatchat, to lots of technical advice, to a member locally coming over on a Saturday to help me put my engine and gearbox in.

I have tried to reciprocate this by helping other people when I can, and selling my left-over bits via this forum (see seperate posts) at reasonable prices. I may have got more on ebay, but I don't really mind.

I do believe that members should advertise on here first, but I also believe that I do not have a monopoly on being right.

Message ends.

John, you may have also got less for the bits on ebay! I have seen useful caterham parts on there much cheaper than they change hands on blatchat.

As I have said before, ebay is a great leveller - everything has a value and ebay finds it.

I was not looking to start a discussion. It was an honest question.

My feeling on this is that people advertising here should maybe give the Club Members first bite of whatever is being sold. Even if the seller just sticks it here for a week and then puts it on ebay. Not everyone likes ebay or has the time to wait for an auction to finish.

I for one would havebought this but can not be arsed with ebay and wating to be piped by £1 at the last min.

I just thought that since GT4 was a new member he may have thought about advertising exclusivly on BC before heading to ebay. At the end of the day its up to GT4, its his item.

Ok, I'm off for a cold bath now 😬

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

Edited by - Petrolhead on 14 Jul 2006 18:41:15