Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My baby's back in action

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Finally back on the black stuff 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Been off the road since Mav's track day at Anglesey in October - engine out giving the oil system some mods (as well as decorating the house in teh meantime *mad*). Now fitted with a very sexy dry sump including a magnesium belltank ( *cool*), tower complete with funky dipstick, Dave Jackson drain plate, and a flowed pump aka Oily's website guidance *thumbup* Now I'm back to 4.5 litres capacity and pressure I'd previously only dreamt about! Pressure's rock solid, and now definately doesn't fall as much as revs drop - obviously down to the flowing of the pump!

Boy it feels good 😬

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Not sure I'm even going to make it to Wybunbury on Wednesday - Sarah and the girls are doing the Race For Life (commonly known in our household as Run For Your Life) so I can't commit!

I've even come to work in it today though 😬

Dave - drain plate fits beautifully, but I did find I couldn't fit the "exit filter union" into the tank after the magnetic plug was in place - the plug's quite long. I managed to get everything in place with the filter fitted first - close though! Of course this would only apply if doing a full assembly rather than just a post-fitment of the drain plate. Not sure whether the dimensions are exactly the same on the production versions?

Stu.