Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Starting procedure

mikec23

Is there such a thing as a correct starting procedure for a 97 1.6k supersport with jenvey throttle bodies??

I turn on the ignition, wait for a click to tell me the fuel is through to the bodies, throttle down 1/3 and hit the starter button, assuming the battery is feeling strong it starts ok, worst case 3 or 4 goes. Does this sound about right and any hot starting tips so that i dont have to go and push start my wife when shes taken the car to the pub! (other than not letting her!)

I'm not too sure you should be touching the throttle pedal during the start.

What ECU do you have?

The map should have a start setting, which I'm pretty sure you cancel if you open the throttle during cranking.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Mike

Dont know how mine is mapped, but when cold there is no chance my Lumenition ecu'd superlight will start from cold and idle without 1/3rd throttle or so until it warms up.

I also get the hot start click (after the relay mod too) but not always and always starts after the 3rd or 4th press of the button.

Dave